Directorate of School Education,
Subject:- Placement of Trained-graduate/trained post-graduate Teachers as I/C Masters/Head-Teachers
ORDER NO.1591___DSEK OF 2010
Whereas 121 non-local Masters were due for repatriation from District Leh and Kargil to Valley/Migrant
Whereas the Chief Education Officers of these twin Districts were requested to intimate the vacancy position of Masters available in their respective Districts in addition to those vacancies which are likely becoming available due to repatriation of the non-local Masters.
Whereas the Chief Education Officer, Leh vide his communication No. Estt-2/4766-48 Dated 28/07/2010 reported that he has been imparted instructions by the Hon’ble Chairman/Chief Executive Councillor, LAHDC Leh and Deputy Commissioner/Chief Executive Officer, LAHDC, Leh “not to ask for substitutes in place of non-local Masters repatriating to Valley/Migrant Cell Jammu”.
Whereas post of Master is borne on Divisional cadre and the powers to make promotions for the said posts are vested with the Divisional Departmental Promotion Committee (DSEK) constituted by the Government.
Whereas it has been observed by the Department from the last few years, that the District authorities of Leh are effecting the promotion of the trained-graduate/trained post-graduate Teachers as Masters of their own without having such delegation and despite conveying clarification by the Administrative Department under D.O.No. Edu/PS/Secy/11/09 Dated 28/07/2009 “that the DPC of LAHDC Leh has only powers to effect promotions in the case of posts which does not exceed the pay of Rs. 2040/- (pre-revised) per month which explicitly excludes the pay of the Masters carrying a higher pay scale”.
Whereas despite of the fact that the District Administration, Leh has no such delegation to effect the promotion of Teachers to the post of Masters in terms of LAHDC Act of 1997, Rule 12 of the LAHDC Leh (Subordinate Service Recruitment Rules and Regulations 1996) and as per clarification issued by the Administrative Department.
Whereas the promotion effected by the District Administration Leh in respect of Teachers to the posts of Masters is not being made by the competent authority constituted by the Government and these promotees will not be enlisted in the seniority list at the Divisional cadre for next Gazetted promotion i.e. Headmasters/Lecturers and equivalent
Whereas the Chief Education Officer, Kargil has communicated 86 vacancies of Masters available in the District in addition to the posts which became available due to repatriation of the Masters to Valley/Migrant Cell Jammu.
Now, therefore, in order to provide substitutes/fill-up vacant posts of Master/Head-Teacher in District Kargil, sanction is hereby accorded to the placement of 207 (Two hundred and seven) trained-graduate/trained post-graduate teachers as I/C Masters/Head-Teachers in their own pay and grade as a stop gap arrangement in District Kargil against available slots without prejudice to the inter-se-seniority, writ petition subjudice if any, pending vigilance clearance as detailed in Annexure to this Order.
The placement of the trained-graduate/ trained post-graduate teachers as I/C Masters/Head-Teachers shall be subject to the following conditions:-
1. The inter-se placement of the officials is not necessarily in order of seniority and, wherever necessary, shall be redrawn with due regard to the inter-se merit (of the official) in the SSB selection list( of Teacher) in the respective District cadres and/or other attendant facts.
2. Chief Education Officer concerned shall ensure that the correctness of particulars of the officials after verification of the same from the original documents/ Service Books/appointment orders/original selection list of Service Selection Board in respect of the appointees with particular reference to the Serial Numbers assigned to them therein and other relevant records. They shall also verify the substantive capacity of officials. Any variation if found on such verification in the particulars of a official shall be reported to the Direction Office for further orders/clarification. If any official on subsequent verification is found as not having eligibility for placement, this order will not confer any right on such official and the placement shall not be effective in that case.;
3. The officials must report to the concerned Chief Education Officers for further posting within 10-days. Failure to do so, the official shall be deemed to have declined the placement as Master in which case department shall be free to fill-up the vacancy out of next eligible official.
4. The claim with regard to the inter-se-placement of the officials for determination of seniority in the cadre of Masters, if any, shall be submitted to the Direction Office within a period of one month through proper channel;
5. The benefit of placement shall not be allowed in case of such teacher who may be under suspension or against whom departmental proceedings are pending or whose work and conduct is not satisfactory. The official must have registered at least 50% and above results during the preceding three years especially in the Board Examination;
6. The officials must have passed B.Ed. examination through recognised University on or before the date of placement;
7. The relieving orders of the officials shall be got counter-signed by the respective Chief Education Officers after proper verification from relevant/ required documents/ certificates in original within the specified time and after verification of genuineness of appointments of the official.
8. The following instructions conveyed by the Administrative Department vide letter No. PS/AS/Edu/2070/2005 Dated 18/05/2005 shall be adhered to by the field officers in the case of such officials who will be adjusted against the post of Head Teachers in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan upgraded Middle Schools
a) “ One Master, to function as Head Teacher shall be posted in each Primary School upgraded under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA) to the level of Middle School by corresponding reduction of the post of Teacher viz Rehbar-I-Taleem (under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan) in the Middle Wing of the same School. The Rehbar-I-Taleem thus becoming surplus shall be adjusted in the Primary Wing of the same school by effecting transfer of the regular teacher (from the same viz Primary Wing) and his honorarium shall also be drawn against the regular Teacher’s post. In case no regular Teacher happens to be in place in a particular school, the Rehbar-I-Taleem becoming surplus due to posting of a Master in the School upgraded to the Middle School level (under SSA) shall be adjusted against an available vacancy of a Teacher within the Zone and his honorarium accordingly drawn against such post”.
b) The pay of the Masters posted in the Middle School upgraded under SSA be paid from SSA Plan;
The concerned CEO’s shall verify the following testimonials / documents in original before issuing relieving order/posting orders:-
i. First appointment order Service books
ii. Date of Birth certificates
iii. B.Ed certificate from the recognized University.
iv. SSB selection list with S.Nos.
vii. Category certificates (fresh /renewed under SRO 126/294) in original
No. Estt/NG/A/ Dated /08/2010
Copy to the:-
Principal Secretary to Government, Ladakh Affairs Department, Civil Secretariat,
Government, Education Department,
4. Deputy Commissioner, Leh/Kargil for information
Director Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan,
7. Chief Education Officer, ____________________________ for information with the remarks that variation/discrepancy if any found on verification should be reported to the Directorate and in case of variation in the selection list Number, the promotion in that case should not be given effect. The inter-se-seniority be also redrawn wherever necessary, consistent with the inter-se placement of the officials in the SSB selection list or by reference to their date of appointment as Teacher (where the SSB selection is not involved) and put up to this Office within 21-days.
8. Order file/Stock file.
( Hashmat Ali ) KAS
Directorate of School Education,